Beyond their ability to add flavor to and complement a variety of savory and sweet recipes, berries are vitamin- and flavonoid-packed powerhouses. Get to know more about each berry and how it can benefit your health.
- Consistently ranked as one of the top antioxidant foods—twice the concentration of spinach, and three times the amount found in oranges and grapes!
- High in vitamins C and K, and manganese
- Good source of fiber
- The newest research suggests that blueberries may reduce the risk of heart attack and be beneficial in halting age-related memory decline
- Packed with vitamin C (one serving has 150% of the recommended daily value)
- High in antioxidants
- Good source of fiber, folate, potassium, and manganese
- One of the earth’s strongest antioxidant foods, with high levels of polyphenolic compounds including ellagic acid, quercetin, and cyanidins
- High level of fiber
- High levels of vitamins C and K, manganese, and folic acid
- Packed with fiber
- High levels of vitamin C; vitamins B1, B2, and B3; magnesium, folic acid, and iron
- High levels of antioxidants, including catechins, salicylic acid, and anthocyanins
- Contain raspberry ketone, which some preliminary studies suggest may be helpful in weight control