August 29, 2017
The Berry Patch
15589 NY-22, Stephentown, NY
If you’re unsure whether your berry crops have been affected by SWD, or even if you just want to learn more about growing happy, healthy berries, join us for this exclusive workshop, sponsored by Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension. Bring your own fruit, and test for SWD right here!
Then hear experts from Cornell University and Cornell CCE, New York State IPM, the NYS Berry Growers Association, and more on:
- Blueberry growing under netting
- Attract-and-kill baited spheres
- High-tunnel raspberries grown in excluded tunne
- Fall raspberries under netting
Weather Station Networks
- What is NEWA?
- How farmers can get their own RainWise weather station
- How applications that are part of weather data can assist farmers
- MesoNet, and how it works with NEWA
Climate Change and Protected Culture
- CICSS as a resource, and helpful tools for berry growers
- Soil health project, including how growers can get involved
Low-Tunnel Strawberry Production
- Overview of day-neutral production system
- Use of low tunnels on a diversified, direct-market farm
Wrap-Up and Q&A
This workshop is FREE to all berry growers, regardless of region or level of experience, so spread the word to your colleagues!